As well as the picturesque surroundings of Frome, bed and breakfast guests may also make use of the shared accommodation facilities:
- Reception area for your arrival and for any enquiries you may have about your stay
- Vaulted Lounge/Dining Room with comfortable sofas to relax in, and seating for meal times. In the summer, doors open out to a substantial terrace area overlooking the grounds. On chillier days, the large log fire dominates the Lounge area
- Love in a Cup Teahouse serving homemade, gluten and dairy free food and drinks daily.
- Indoor swimming at the 'Creative Aquatic' pool next door to the Lighthouse - £3 per swim for adults, £2 for kids and 60+. For casual swimming times please call 01373 228 121. More information available from Reception.
- Extensive gardens and grounds. There are 30 acres that include open parkland with majestic ancient Oak trees, a large lake with a community of resident geese and ducks, and woodland walks that link to footpaths for those who wish to walk further
- Treatments to help you relax and unwind are available by prior appointment
- A Meeting Room and a Conference Venue are available if you have need of some work space or for an event during your stay.
- Just 10 minutes from Longleat Stately Home and Safari Park
- Dogs are welcome (see our Dog Policy)
- Day fishing (£6 per day) is available on the Lake (please bring your own equipment)
- Ample On-site parking
- Complimentary Internet access - WiFi
- Special Diets catered for - Gluten and dairy free, Vegetarian diets etc
- Payment accepted by cash (Sterling), cheques and credit card
- Re-Cycling Facilities Available
"It was a lovely place in which to stay - a beautiful location - beautifully restored and renovated in the middle of beautiful countryside. The breakfast of fruit and seeds with an omelette was divine. The service was very friendly and helpful."
Ben and Maureen July 2011
Enviromental policy - The Lighthouse actively encourages staff and guests to respect the space and environment we share here. We do have sorting bins for glass, metal, and the compostable waste is added to our own heaps, which we use on the flower beds and vegetable garden. We ask guests to consider using their towels and linen for the whole of their stay, and to not leave lights on in their rooms. Where possible, cleaning products used are Eco friendly and our complimentary toiletries are kind to the enviroment.
You can check room availability and make a booking using the calendar below. If you would prefer to talk to us in person please don't hesitate to call on +44 (0)1373 453585. Reception is open from 8.30 am to 5.30 pm Monday to Saturday, and 9 am to 2 pm on Sundays. If you wish to arrive after 5.30 pm it is very important that you let us know, so we can ensure you can gain access to the Lighthouse. Latest check in is 8 pm.
Choose your arrival date. Select the number of nights and people from the drop down lists and click ‘Check Availability’. Please note In order to secure your reservation, you will be asked to pay a deposit via credit card, debit card or Paypal.